August 03, 2012

Lullaby Layout and a Tip by Cindy Lee


Happy Saturday to you! It's Cindy again and I have a layout and a tip to share today. First is a layout I made with the July kit. To create the background, I drew sunburst pattern on Kraft cardstock and fill the negative space with Studio Calico patterned paper. For added dimension, I add faux stitch around the sunburst pattern and letter stickers. The quickest and easiest way to create faux stitch is by using a tracing wheel and I am going to show you exactly how to do it.


To create your own faux stitch, you need a tracing wheel which you can get from sewing store and an ink of your choice. I usually use either black or dark brown.


To ink your tracing wheel, simply roll the wheel in the ink. You may want to do it a couple of times to make sure that the wheel is fully covered in ink.


Then just roll the wheel onto your project as shown. Voila, faux stitch done under one minute :)


Hope you find today's tip useful and happy scrapping!

XoXo
Cindy

No comments: